The SSS Antiharassment Taskforce has been working hard to solidify antiharassment policies and practices for SSS. As part of this undertaking, we are interested in recruiting Advocates from SSS members who are planning to attend the meeting this year.
Please see below to see the responsibilities and experience that advocates will get during their 1-year appointment. This is also a wonderful service opportunity for members interested in getting more involved in SSS:
- Advocates are available to support those making a report by providing information and resources.
- Advocates will be volunteers for SSS who are appointed for 1 year with opportunities to extend the appointment.
- Advocates will attend a virtual training session prior to the annual meeting.
- Advocates will attend the SSS annual meeting (April 3-6, 2024 in New Orleans, LA).
- Advocates will be listed on the SSS website for the duration of their appointment, allowing them to be contacted throughout the year by SSS members experiencing harassment.
- SSS Members of any position, rank, and institution type are welcome to serve as an advocate, including but not limited to, graduate students, faculty, staff, and practitioners.
Please share this opportunity with others who may be interested!
You can contact Bri Turgeon (email@example.com) with any questions or if you are interested in serving as an Advocate for the 2024 SSS meeting (April 3-6 in New Orleans, LA).
The Antiharassment Taskforce will also be holding a forum during the 2024 meeting to discuss the proposed policy, the resources we are working to offer for harassment, a Q&A, and to hear comments and suggestions on the support you would like to receive from SSS. Stay tuned!